Friday, February 5, 2010

PTI ink resist challenge!

Happy Friday everyone! Finally!!!! Well, if you are a PTIfollower, you know they are having their 3rd anniversary this month and WOW are they doing up the celebrations!


Today Nicole posted a "ink resist" challenge...so here's what I came up with! Unfortunately, I needed a sympathy card this week, so I decided to try this technique using the PTI With Sympathy set.



I cut the card base out of PTI Ocean Tide cardstock, which I cut out on my Cricut using A Child's Year cartridge, the card feature on page 75 and the layer is on page 73 using the shift/card feature. I cut this layer on Summer Sunset PTI cardstock. The ovals are also cut from A Child's Year ( I jammed up my Big Shot last night...so I won't be able to use my Nesties!!!, good thing I have my Cricut!) the oval is on page 50. I did use my Gypsy for this card, so I was able to make the oval the exact size I needed, then I created a shadow for it, by enlarging it just a bit.

I did the "ink resist" technique on the flowers on the smallest oval, I hope you can see those....this is the first time I have tried this technique...and I will be using it again. I like the effect.

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice card, I love the colors and the way you used this tehnique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful!! The colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning!!! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete