Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Arrival gift bag

Hi ladies! I hope you have enjoyed looking at my creations from the New Arrival cartridge. This is the last project I will be working on from that cartridge...even though I have a lot more work to do on the baby shower, and I will post those items when I have them complete, I wanted to get this baby gift bag posted so we could move on to another cartridge.

For this gift bag, I used my gypsy and my 12x24 mat. I purchased blue poster board at HL and cut it down to 12x24 to fit on the mat. I cut the bag from Tags, Bags and More, at the largest size I could fit on the 12x24 mat and decided to add a really cute scallop border on top of the bag after watching Tuesday Treats this past week, where they featured this bag in a smaller size with the border added on top. If you get a chance, pop on over to Tuesday Treats (link on my side bar) and check out the tutorial for this.

For the booties on the bag, they were cut from the left over poster board at 4.60x 4.02. I cut them out twice and then cut the 2nd set apart to use as a layer over the first set. I don't know if you can see but the one on the left is popped up a bit by pop dots. I then cut the set out again in yellow and cut off the bow to layer on the first set. I also added some yellow paper behind the booties to highlight the stitching. I added some chalk for shadow, and of course the white gel pen for accent.

For the gift tag, I cut the tag from Sweet Treats, and I didn't write down the size.. sorry. The words For You are from the Wild Cart cart and again, I didn't write down the size..I was in a hurry.

For the boarder on the bottom, just a few pieces of left over cardstock and poster board and used my MS border punch on the bottom.

I have enjoyed making these items and hope you have enjoyed looking at them. I have also learned alot these past few weeks on using my flip video.

I haven't decided on the next cartridge I will explore, but will let you all know soon. I have been very busy lately and hopefully things will slow down next week and I can decide.

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful Sunday!

CindyB

1 comment: