Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Sketch Challenge - OCC Sketch Challenge Blog

Hi Ladies, today over at OCC Sketch Challenge Blog we have a new sketch this week.

Here is my sample for the challenge.

For my card, I started with PTI cardstock and stamped the super large medallion from SU! I really love this stamp..I haven't used it very often, so I think I will try to start using it. I then stamped the Thank you stamp from a SU set also. I inked the edges using Ranger distress ink to make it look a little aged. I then added some of the same distress ink to the flower and added some distressed hard rock candy stickles for a little sparkle. For the ribbon, again I added the distress ink and then to finish off the card, I stamped the bird from another SU set and added the distressed stickles to it for a little sparkle.

I don't do vintage cards very often, I just love them, but I don't think I am very good at creating them...but I am pleased with this one.

Please stop by the OCC sketch challenge blog and check out the other Design Team members samples, and if you would like to play along we would love for you to!

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!

CindyB

6 comments:

  1. Cindy
    This is so pretty. I just love the color. It all fits together so well. Great interpretation of the sketch.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I love this card! So vintage and beautiful! The colors you used are so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the vintage layout Cindy and the colors are so pretty too! Great work!

    Have a fun weekend, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i say you rocked the vintage and created an outstanding card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome vintage! Where did you get that flower?! It's fantastic! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete