Monday, May 4, 2009

Friday Baking with NotQuiteJuneCleaver

During my daily surfing of the web, I came across this fantistic blog, Friday Baking with NotQuiteJuneCleaver, http://notquitejunecleaver.com/. Susan is hosting a "Friday Baking" where she will post a recipe to try.

This week it was Strawberry Milkshake Whopper Marshmallow Cake....sounded interesting..so off I went to the grocery to purchase the ingredients I didn't have and began my journey...

Susan is also offering a "giveaway" at the end of the week to all who play with her and try this new recipe and post pictures to their blog documenting the journey thru the creating process.
So, we had some friends over on Saturday night to celebrate the Kentucky Derby..so I thought this would be the perfect time to try this yummy cake!
Here are the ingredients I started with...





Then I began the mixing process...















Added some red food coloring....














And finally...in the pans.....

Now while this baked, I started on the icing!

Ingredients for the Marshmellow Icing....


I crushed some Strawberry Malt Balls......
And whipped up the icing.....
Ready to decorate the cake......











I tried to make sure the cake didn't get tooo messy...but, well, not so much...







I put some waxpaper under the cake to help me clean up the mess I made.....so when the wax paper was removed....

Not so bad! Tasted Great, everyone enjoyed eating this yummy cake after drinking Mint Julips and eating Kentucky Hot Browns to celebrate the Kentucky Derby!
Thanks for looking, and I can't wait until next Friday....when I can try a new recipe!
Cindy......



No comments:

Post a Comment