Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Birthday Blooms Card

What a fun card I made this week using the new Birthday Blooms stamp set from the Occasions catalog from Stampin Up.

I wanted to try a technique that I saw recently, I have changed it up a bit, but LOVE how it turned out! 
I embossed the beautiful rose image with gold embossing powder and used a blender pen and ink to start coloring the rose.  The ink colors used are  Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo and Celery Green. To create the background I used Pool Party ink and a sponge to apply the ink staying clear of the rose image.  If I were to do this again, I think I would create a mask for the rose, this would have made it easier to color the background.  Oh well, I love how it turned out!

If you are interested in this stamp set this is a great time to purchase from Stampin UP.  It is the Sale A Bration time and for every 50 dollars you spend you receive a FREE product!  Such a deal!

If you would like to see what Stampin UP has to offer, please check out my site:


Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Cindy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment