Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Project Tuesday - 3x3 Gift Card box

Happy Tuesday everyone! First, let me say "What a difference the right light can make"!!! I purchased a halogen light for my craftroom this weekend and I can really see what I am doing now!!! I don't really know how I did anything before...the room looks so dark when the new light is turned off....so I decided to try it out for some pictures....all I can say is WoW! The pictures are so much more clearer! Hope you can tell also!!
Now for the project this week....we have a really cute little 3x3 box to make that holds cute little gift cards! I decided to do my cards as a Valentine gift....

For my box I used some of my new MS Valentine Paper I just picked up this weekend! I love her new paper!!! I also used my new MS double loop border punch around the edge of the lid...I love how delicate this is...I also wanted this to be a quick and simple project, as I didn't have a lot of time to put this together...so it can be made quick for a last minute gift!

I punched a large scallop circle out of white cardstock, wrinkled it up a bit and then layered a smaller scallop circle out of the same paper I created the lid with. Then I stamped the heart from PTI Heart Prints, a set released last year and added some MS fine glitter to some of the circles on the heart (I don't think you can see that on the picture) I then tied the whole thing together with a button. I love how simple this is but so nice.
Here is the side view, I also added a small strip of paper to the side to match the lid.Now for the cute little cards inside! These were super simple to make and I think I will make a few more to send out to my friends for Valentines Day! I basically punched hearts and scallops out of more MS Valentine paper and added some buttons or other accents. I then stamped the sentiment from the PTI Heart Prints set and drew the lines around the card with a black gel pen.

Please make sure you stop by the Project Tuesday and check out the other Design Teams samples...they are super this week.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
CindyB

7 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy! Wow a sweet idea! I guess we should be thinking Valentine's about now! Love all the little scallops. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy this is super cute!! i love the new paper and that punch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy this little box and cards are just darling!! So very sweet!
    Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic, I lurve these. Gorgeous set
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful box Cindy! I too just picked up some of her NEW paper & LOVE it! The scalloped border is so pretty and your note cards are so pretty!!

    Great job! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so pretty!
    Love the lace effect around the box. and the cutie cards.. so wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is super! I love the little mini cards! Your border is awesome too..may have to get that one!

    ReplyDelete