Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful Banner

Hi everyone! Well, its the week of Thanksgiving and I thought I better start my decorating! We are having a house full on Thursday, so I wanted to get something up....

I saw a beautiful Autumn banner on the Cricut MB a few weeks ago, and took a mental note to make one for my living room. I'm sorry, I don't know who posted it..I tried to find it again and couldn't so if you know who it was, please let me know so I can give them credit!

So...

This is what I came up with!

For this banner, I used my Gypsy (of course) and used a cut from WinterWonderland cart for the banner base. I cut it at 8.19 height and 5.18 width. I used the mat feature on the Gypsy, so on page 1 of the mat, I copied the banner base 3 times to make 4 on a 12x24 mat. Then to make the shadow, I created another mat, copied the banner base to the 2nd mat and started enlarging to create a shadow. I ended up with a size of 8.53 height and 5.60 width, and cut 4 on the 12x24 mat also.

For the letters, I used Storybook cart and cut both the letter and the shadow of each letter, they were cut at 5.20 height and 3.22 width.

I cut the leaves on the end of the banner from the gypsy wanderings cart, cut at 3.86 height and 3.94 width. The acorn is from the Doodlecharms cart cut at 4.29 height and 5.12 width. The leaves in between each banner base is also from the Doodlecharmes cart cut at 2 inches.

I took the letters and stamped a flourish on each letter using my glue pad and added some MS glitter to brighten them up! I then layered them together and applied to the banner base.


I punched holes on the upper portion of each side of the banner base and tied a ribbon to each to bring them together. On each ribbon, I added the little leaves that I had distressed with brown ink. I also distressed the leave and acorn on the end of the banner.

Well, I'm off to more decorating! Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!

CindyB

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Cindy, this is just gorgeous! Thank you for giving such great instructions. I've got to make this for my mantle. Your fireplace and mantle are just lovely..I'll bet your whole house will be very festive by Thursday! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, Cindy!
    Hugs & blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete