Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cricut card - Home Decor cart

Happy Sunday everyone! Today I am posting a card I made using my Cricut cart Home Decor.

I have been looking at this cart from sometime now trying to figure out what cuts I could use on a card front.

After I found this really super cardstock Core'dinations Black Magic, the idea came to me....

That little bird would be sooo cute on a card!

And if you haven't heard of this paper or tried it yet, you are really missing out on something! This cardstock is black on one side and a color on the other...So this piece I used was black on one side and pink on the other.

So you might say, whats the big deal about that...well, just run that paper thru your cuttlebug embossing folders and you will just be amazed! I don't know the name of this embossing folder, but it has the flourishes and birds on it. Then after your emboss it, take a sanding block and just sand a bit and the color on the back shows thru! How clever is that!!!

I then stamped some flourishes from PTI onto the circle and then mounted it onto a scallop circle. I added a little rhinestone for the birds eye, not sure if you can see that.

I really like how this turned out, I will definitely be on the lookout for more Core'dinations cardstock!

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!

CindyB

4 comments:

  1. beautiful card, I use some coredinations but haven't tried this one, looks fantastic - great to stick with the pink and black for this card, it's realy striking

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Love the bold color combo and what a cute little bird :D

    ReplyDelete