Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cricut card - Wild Card

Hi everyone....today I have been busy reviewing the Cricut Wild Card cart! I am determined to make something with this cart! I have seen such super cute cards on the Cricut MB and other sites...that I just had to give it a go!

Now, the idea for this card I scraplifted from Debbie Olson, she creates the most awesome cards!!!!! I just adore her work!

So when I saw her card, I thought...I can make this with my Cricut...I just need to find the right cart...and I just purchased that super cute paper from Cosmo Cricket just a few days ago...so I was certain I could figure this out!

So off I went reviewing each cart until I found this tree on the Wild Card cart....it just worked perfectly!

So, on the Wild Cart cart I used the Argyle card, using the Blackout feature at 5 1/2 for the card base. Then I added the Cosmo Cricket designer paper to the front, and used the extra piece that cuts out on the card as the joining piece.

The tree is also from the Wild Cart cart, from the Booklet card, using the Icon feature cut at 5 1/2. I shadowed the leaves on the tree with some chalk to give some dimension and also on the tree trunk...

Then I needed something to mount the tree on, so off to find another cart that would work...after watching my friend Mary at CardTV I decided to look at the Stretch Your Imagination cart.

I used the Flrsh4 item, using the blackout feature to cut out the 2 shapes one at 4 3/4 and the 2nd at 4 1/4, to mount the tree on. I also used this cut at 1 3/4 to stamp the sentiment on.

I just love this card!!! and I hope you do too!

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!

CindyB

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and layout Cindy, I LOVE the warm country theme and pretty designer paper.

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is wonderful Cindy! You are so creative and have such a good eye for color! I really like the highligting on the tree with the white pen...something I've not yet learned how to do! Great card!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete